Michael Dartsch (*1964) / Susanne Richter (*1982) Der Cellokasten
Materialien für die Unterstufe [vc]
“This large volume is designed for the young beginner cellist, and is attractively presented with large print and enchanting colour illustrations.” (Stringendo AUSTA)
124 pages | 23 x 30,5 cm | 612 g | ISMN: 979-0-004-18383-0 | Softbound
The Cellokasten (Cello Case) offers a wealth of varied material for the beginner. Like the successful Geigenkasten, it can be used in teaching as a supplement to any cello method. And with its steadily increasing level of difficulty within each chapter, it can also serve as a kind of instruction method as well.
The chapters are devoted to the following topics:
– Games of posture and movement
– Music on open strings and fundamentals of bowing technique
– Playing with close stops and wide-stretch stops, high and low
– Combination of close stop, wide-stretch stop and chromaticism
– Playing, reading, notating rhythms; reading and notating tones
as well as improvisation in the chapter Inventing Music.
Along with lyrics for singing, there is almost always a second part, which lets two cello lovers make music together. The book offers songs and cello pieces for a variety of occasions and for every season. Interesting information about the instrument is also scattered throughout the book.