Manuscripts / Exposés
Before submitting your manuscript or exposé, please take a moment to read our submission guidelines:
- Please note that we will not respond to general and obviously wide-spread submissions.
- Please make sure (e.g. by checking our website) that your work fits in with the Breitkopf & Härtel publishing program.
- Please provide some information on yourself, particularly on your professional background and current activities.
- If at all possible, please do not send handwritten scores, rather use a suitable layout program (preferably Sibelius) and submit as a PDF document.
- In order to be able to carry out a proper evaluation, we need you to send the complete manuscript.
- Please abstain from sending only recordings.
The instrumentation is indicated in figures and abbreviations following the usual order in a full score:
- Woodwinds: Flute(Piccolo).Oboe(English Horn).Clarinet(BassClarinet.Saxophone).Bassoon (Contrabassoon)
- Brass: Horn.Trumpet.Trombone.Tuba
Abbreviations without brackets mean additional players: Picc.1. = 2 players
Abbreviations in brackets indicate either additional instruments: 1(Picc). = 1 player, but 2 instruments
or the number of the players: perc(4) = 4 percussionist
Some of our editions include a CD-ROM. If your device does not support CD-ROM anymore, we can provide you – upon presentation of the proof of purchase – with the contents in a zip file. In this case, please contact our customer service.
digitally available (View on nkoda)
Available and out-of-print editions of our publishing house can also be used in the digital sheet music library nkoda (https://www.nkoda.com/); whether they are available there is indicated by the red and white button “View on nkoda”.
Please note that in nkoda several editions for one work are managed together, but the button “View on nkoda” is usually displayed only once on our website (example orchestral work: there the button “View on nkoda” is displayed with the score, in nkoda then also parts and choral score are available).